Man Tame Fire!
I spent yesterday at a London Territorial Army base (Infantry division) being trained as a Fire Warden. Quite apart from being a fascinating morning, I learnt something very interesting... it's possible to start a fire by taking a scouring pad (the ones you use for washing up) and touching it simultaneously to the + and - terminals of a square battery! The teacher showed us how it's done. It looked like loads of fun.
In fact, I may well remove the 9v battery from my smoke alarm at home so I can try it myself tonight.

3 Comments:
Wow, the things you learn at Fire Training. Why stop at a 9v battery? A car battery is sure to cause an even bigger fire. Sure the Missus won't mind if you destroy the car in the name of fire safety. Would she?
Just because you've got a job and a young baby and a wife to be to look after and a new house to decorate doesn't mean you don't have the time to update this blog. I'm on the brink of removing it from my links list. Chimpers doesn't carry people you know...
Write something. I'm going to leave a comment every time I visit now until you write something. Oh yes, I can do this.
Post a Comment
<< Home